Date(s) - Friday, August 12
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Frick Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Po’Boy and Randita’s food trucks; Highway Robbery and Magnolia on Main fashion trucks
Free performance on the Frick grounds beginning at approximately 6:30 p.m.
In Bed by Ten
Since starting in May 2015, In Bed by Ten has taken Pittsburgh by storm with jam-packed dance parties that start and end early. If you don’t have time to stay out until 2 a.m. to get down, this is the dance party for you! Organized by Kelly Beall of Design Crush and Matthew Buchholz of Alternate Histories, In Bed by Ten will have you up on your feet right after dinner, and home in bed by ten. Normally an adults-only event, the Frick is happy to be In Bed by Ten’s first outdoor all-ages, family-friendly venue.
Location: Great Lawn
Friday Night Film: God Save My Shoes
Two screenings: 5:30 and 7:00 p.m.
Limited seating available. First-come, first-seated.
Location: The Frick Art Museum
The first documentary film to explore the intimate relationship women have with their shoes, God Save My Shoes turns to many of those who play a role in the global shoe phenomenon: extreme shoe lovers, fashion historians and editors, psychologists, sex experts, celebrities, and shoe designers. Witty, glamorous, insightful, and sassy, the film stars Manolo Blahnik, Fergie, Christian Louboutin, Kelly Rowland, and Dita Von Teese. Directed by Julie Benasra, 2011. 60 minutes, not rated. Free and open to the public.
About Summer Fridays at the Frick:
Every Friday from June 17 to September 2, 2016, the Frick offers an exciting and diverse lineup of entertaining performances, family-friendly activities, a wine bar and varied dining options, including dinner at The Café at the Frick, casual food from local food trucks, and the opportunity to picnic on the lush Frick grounds.
On each Summer Friday evening, Frick visitors will be able to:
- Enjoy free performances and family-friendly activities.
- View the exhibition, Killer Heels: The Art of the High-Heeled Shoe at The Frick Art Museum.
- Tour Clayton, the historic Frick family home.
- Dine at The Café at the Frick from 5:30–8:00 p.m. Reservations welcomed, and are available to members and non-members.
- Mingle at the wine bar on the terrace of The Frick Art Museum (cash bar).
Enjoy fare from a diverse selection of local food trucks.
- Picnic on the Frick grounds—visitors may bring their own basket, blanket and beverages! The Café offers bottled wine sales.
- Shop at the Frick Museum Store, including the Killer Heels Pop-Up Shop.
- Admission to the Frick grounds for everyone—FREE
- All admissions and tours for Frick members—FREE
- Admission to Killer Heels: The Art of the High-Heeled Shoe —$12 general admission; $10 senior/student; $6 children ages 6–16; Free for active-duty military and their immediate families.
- Clayton Tour admission: $12 general admission; $10 senior/student; $6 children, 16 and under; Free for active-duty military and their immediate families. Reservations recommended.
- Clayton Highlight Tour (30-minutes) admission: $7 general admission; $5 children 16 and under (babies in arms are free); FREE for active duty military and members of their immediate family. Reservations recommended.