Date(s) - Friday, September 2
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Frick Pittsburgh
Burgh Bites and Mac and Gold food trucks; ; Sugar and Spice ice cream truck; Style Truck and Vintage Valet fashion trucks
Free performance on the Frick grounds beginning at approximately 6:30 p.m.
Trio+ with rapper Shad Ali
Featuring Joe Sheehan (keys), Jason Rafalak (bass), and Ryan Socrates (drums), Trio+ performs hip-hop, R&B, pop, and theme music classics, seamlessly rearranged into fresh and imaginative performances. Their sets are known to include the music of such artists as Tribe Called Quest, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Michael Jackson, and D’Angelo. For their Frick performance, Trio + will be joined by Wilkinsburg-based rapper Shad Ali, who arrived on the Pittsburgh scene in 2011 with the impressive mixtape, The Appetizers EP.
Performance Location: The Great Lawn
September 2 Summer Fridays attendees can also enjoy classic lawn games provided by City of Play, including large-scale games from C.O.P’s Pop-up Playground (international playground games) and Arcade (large-scale board games and live-action video games).
About Summer Fridays at the Frick:
Every Friday from June 17 to September 2, 2016, the Frick offers an exciting and diverse lineup of entertaining performances, family-friendly activities, a wine bar and varied dining options, including dinner at The Café at the Frick, casual food from local food trucks, and the opportunity to picnic on the lush Frick grounds.
On each Summer Friday evening, Frick visitors will be able to:
- Enjoy free performances and family-friendly activities.
- View the exhibition, Killer Heels: The Art of the High-Heeled Shoe at The Frick Art Museum.
- Tour Clayton, the historic Frick family home.
- Dine at The Café at the Frick from 5:30–8:00 p.m. Reservations welcomed, and are available to members and non-members.
- Mingle at the wine bar on the terrace of The Frick Art Museum (cash bar).
Enjoy fare from a diverse selection of local food trucks.
- Picnic on the Frick grounds—visitors may bring their own basket, blanket and beverages! The Café offers bottled wine sales.
- Shop at the Frick Museum Store, including the Killer Heels Pop-Up Shop.
- Admission to the Frick grounds for everyone—FREE
- All admissions and tours for Frick members—FREE
- Admission to Killer Heels: The Art of the High-Heeled Shoe —$12 general admission; $10 senior/student; $6 children ages 6–16; Free for active-duty military and their immediate families.
- Clayton Tour admission: $12 general admission; $10 senior/student; $6 children, 16 and under; Free for active-duty military and their immediate families. Reservations recommended.
- Clayton Highlight Tour (30-minutes) admission: $7 general admission; $5 children 16 and under (babies in arms are free); FREE for active duty military and members of their immediate family. Reservations recommended.