Join Our Creative Team
Join a talented team of employees who daily draw inspiration from the Frick’s world-class art exhibitions, rich, local history and beautiful grounds and gardens. If you’d like to find your passion and are ready to take that next step, apply for one of the opportunities listed below.
This position is hourly, part-time.
Hours: Under 30 hours per week – weekend and evenings hours required.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Operations
- Ensuring that Clayton, Haller House, the Playhouse, Lexington, The Frick Art Museum and the Orientation and Education Centers are always kept in a clean and presentable state
- Implement additional cleaning duties per Frick policy/procedures to ensure a safe, hygienic environment for visitors and staff.
- Specific duties include, vacuuming, washing and scrubbing floors and walls, dry and wet mopping, dusting, emptying trash containers, cleaning and restocking all restrooms
- Assisting with event setup and takedown (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Notifying the Curatorial Affairs Department of any changes in the condition of any art objects and artifacts
- Assisting with any office moves which could include building furniture, moving filing cabinets, desks, etc.
- Respond to leaks, spills or accidents as necessary to protect facilities and/or prevent hazardous situations
- Other duties as requested by management
- Experience in the custodial field a plus
- Ability to physically perform heavy cleaning and scrubbing with the ability to reach all areas
- Flexibility with the schedule, weekend and evening hours required
- High degree of trustworthiness and the clearance of a criminal background check
- Ability to deal with staff and visitors in a friendly and engaging manner
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The Frick Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to fostering a workplace culture of accessibility, inclusion, diversity, and racial equality and urges qualified diverse applicants to apply.
The Frick Pittsburgh embraces diversity as a proposition that is central to the organization’s mission. In building and serving diverse audiences, the Frick affirms and supports diversity of persons and ideas both within the organization and the communities it serves.