Join Our Creative Team
Join a talented team of employees who daily draw inspiration from the Frick’s world-class art exhibitions, rich, local history and beautiful grounds and gardens. If you’d like to find your passion and are ready to take that next step, apply for one of the opportunities listed below.
Reports to: Grounds Manager
Part-time, hourly position
Hours: Availability on Saturday and Sunday 7:00am – 5:00pm and occasional evening hours
- Maintain the Grounds of the site which includes: planting, mulching, trimming trees and shrubs, seeding, weeding, fertilizing, pruning, mowing and watering as instructed by the Grounds Manager
- Perform basic gardening duties within the Greenhouse to ensure it is in a presentable state for all visitors and school groups
- Operate and use a variety of mowers, blowers, other equipment, etc.
- Handle snow and ice removal during the winter months using plows, snow blowers, etc.
- Assist the Housekeeping & Maintenance Department with moves including furniture, supplies and other items
- Other duties as requested by management
- Basic knowledge of landscaping practices, equipment and techniques helpful
- Possess a friendly and cooperative manner
- Has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to perform physical labor, occasionally lifting objects of 80+ pounds
- Experience with snow plowing equipment desiredClearance of a criminal background check
- Valid PA driver’s license
Reports to: Café Manager/Chef
Hours: Hourly, part-time position. Normal work schedule is Tuesday through Sunday during Café lunch hours and dinners on Friday evenings. No minimum or maximum number of hours offered.
- Prepares food as instructed by the Chef
- Maintains proper food costs through effective waste management
- Maintains a stocked and clean work station at all times
- Relays ticket orders and order modifications to the Chef
- Reports any security, maintenance or equipment problems to The Café Manager or Chef
- Deals pleasantly and effectively with staff and management to promote a positive work environment
- Pays strict attention to quality control and maintains Health Department standards
- Handles other duties as requested by management
- Background and training in professional culinary skills
- Certification desirable in (1) nutrition, safety and sanitation and (2) food and beverage management
- Flexibility in working variable schedule
- Clearance of a criminal background check
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively deal with staff and visitors
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude